I’m always looking for healthy, fresh spins on my favorite foods. This time of year, I love soups, stews, and especially, CHILI!
This is an INCREDIBLE beanless chili, perfect for anyone following a ketogenic, low carb, Paleo, or Whole 30 diet. It can also be made FAST in a slow cooker (leave it overnight or while you’re at work) or in an Instapot!
What makes it “better” than other chilis?
Not only is it low carb, which I prefer, but it’s also packed with vegetables (celery, peppers, onions, and tomatoes). It’s also made with bone broth which has many benefits including fighting inflammation and healing the gut. You can add healthy fat and additional nutrients by garnishing your chili with avocado slices, green onions, and cilantro!
Eating healthy doesn’t require compromising on flavor or taking up a ton of time…hit the store and try this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups Kettle & Fire beef bone broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (add more to make it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Slow Cooker Instructions
- In a large skillet, melt ghee over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped peppers, onion, and celery. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until tender. Spoon the vegetables out of the pan and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and Italian sausage. Drain any excess fat.
- Transfer the sautéed veggies and browned meats to the slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and bone broth. Stir to combine.
- Add the spices — cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground oregano, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Press the “sauté” button, then press the “Adjust” button once. Wait for the indicator to say “hot.”
- Melt 2 tablespoons ghee. Add in chopped peppers, onion, and celery and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Remove the vegetables from the pot.
- Brown the ground beef and Italian sausage. Drain any excess liquid.
- Return the peppers, onion, and celery to the pot.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and bone broth. Stir to combine.
- Add in spices — cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground oregano, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Close the lid on and pressure cook on Manual at high pressure for 20 minutes, then release manually.
Paleo and Whole 30: garnish with avocado slices, green onion, and/or chopped fresh cilantro.
Keto and Low-Carb: garnish with avocado slices, green onion, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, and cheese.